African Food Research Network (AfREN) was inaugurated in Nigeria on 14th October, 2020. The event which represent the official launch of the network took place at D’Podium Event Center, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria, venue of the 44th Conference & Annual General Meeting of the Nigerian Institute of Food Science & Technology (NIFST). The inauguration was coordinated by Dr Dola Adeboye the interim President of AfREN, under a joint session sponsored by the “Building an Economically Sustainable, Integrated Cassava Seed System Phase II” (BASICS II), IITA, Nigeria. The presentation gave historical background on the network, its founding members, mission and vision, mode of engagements and how interested professionals can join the community of practice. Click the embedded link for your viewing pleasure.
- AfREN holds her 1st Interactive Session
- African Food Research Scientist Joyce Agyei-Amponsah explored properties of starch–lipid complexes as fat replacers
- AfREN lauds the author of “Food & Agribusiness Opportunity in Nigeria”, Bernard Siwoku
- AfREN celebrates food doctors on innovation in cold chain logistics for vaccines, dairy and poultry products
- Postdoctoral opportunity at DAAD 2021 fellowship for Africans working on food security and climate related focus