Cold-bike is an initiative of a young food entrepreneur from Nigeria. This innovative solutions is designed to meet up cold chain logistics gap in Nigeria, thereby promoting food safety and food security across fruit and vegetable value chain as well as poultry and dairy industry needs. The cold bike have cooling capacity of -22°C , a cold-trace devise and GPS tracker for real time monitoring. The cold-bike is suitable for vaccine logistics and off-grid rural cold chain logistics as explained by the inventor Awesu Joseph.
- AfREN holds her 1st Interactive Session
- African Food Research Scientist Joyce Agyei-Amponsah explored properties of starch–lipid complexes as fat replacers
- AfREN lauds the author of “Food & Agribusiness Opportunity in Nigeria”, Bernard Siwoku
- AfREN celebrates food doctors on innovation in cold chain logistics for vaccines, dairy and poultry products
- Postdoctoral opportunity at DAAD 2021 fellowship for Africans working on food security and climate related focus